Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Good-bye, Oklahoma

The kids and I are in Panera again, enjoying some lunch after visiting my mother-in-law at the nursing home. Ken and his Dad went golfing this morning.

Tomorrow we hit the road again and head west to New Mexico (my first time!) and then into Colorado. We'll be staying at Clayton Lake, NM, tomorrow night, then visiting Great Sand Dunes National Monument in Colorado on Friday. Then we'll be driving through the Colorado mountains and meeting Ed's sister Kath and her husband, Don, for dinner Saturday night. Next, we'll be spending 3 days at Rocky Mountain National Park. I just checked the weather forecast - highs in the 70's and low's in the 40's!! It's been over 100 every day here in Oklahoma, so we're looking forward to the cooler temperatures. Finally, we'll have 4 very long days of driving to get back home, hopefully arriving by the 4th of July.

I hope to be able to send pictures again starting tomorrow....but we'll see if that group of Verizon people finds us again in the mountains!!

No comments: