I wanted to show you our campsite in New Orleans because it was very nice for an urban RV Park. We even had some trees and bushes and a bit of grass on our site.
After showers and breakfast, we drove to Baldwin & Co. Bookstore to meet up with two of my Booktube friends! It was a small but well-curated bookstore (with, of course, a large collection of books by James Baldwin) and a coffee shop. We sat at a table in one of the many seating areas and talked for two hours! It was great to meet in person after watching each other’s videos and interacting online. (Here I am with Laurie of Books, Ink & Paper channel and Kat of Kat’s Novel Adventures.)

Afterwards, my husband and I discovered a great spot for lunch (or dinner) on nearby St. Claude Street: St. Roch Market. It’s an indoor food market with different stalls featuring Italian, Greek, Asian and sushi, Jamaican food and more. We chose Cuban since our favorite Cuban restaurant in the city closed. Delicious! I had ropa viejo, and my husband had a Cuban sandwich. Wonderful!



We were both pretty worn out after my daily nap, so we drove around our old neighborhood in the suburb of Kenner. We checked out my husband’s townhouse (where I lived, too, when we got married), my old apartment, and a friend’s apartment complex. We had a lot of great times back then!
We were too tired to head Uptown as we’d planned, so we just grabbed a quick dinner at Copeland’s, a local chain. Our last meal in New Orleans! We’ll have to come back 😀⚜️🦞

No comments:
Post a Comment